June 22, 2011

Vintage Wedding Card Images & Share the Love Wednesday #18!

I've been going through boxes of photos and cards that my mother had saved and was surprised to find that she had kept all of her wedding cards. They are gorgeous... I have a thing for vintage greeting cards and the fact that these are from my mom makes them all the more special. I hope you enjoy them too and can use them in your projects. Here's two from the collection... two of my favorites! They are high resolution; I put my watermark at the bottom so you should be able to trim it off easily for crafting purposes.


Isn't this vintage wedding shoe card above gorgeous? It's so unique! On the original card, the finish on the shoe is has a satin texture. Add some roses and lily of the valley. and it's over the top{swoon}.




I am a huge fan of anything with bluebirds on on it and these little birds are so chubby they're even more irresistible! If you like vintage card illustrations, be sure and check out my collection of cards  here. I haven't posted any in a while and I'd love to get back to sharing them with you!


Before we get started on this week's link up, I'd love to spotlight a few links from the last party. If you've been featured on Very Merry Vintage Style... grab a feature button & tell the world!











Button



Last week's highlights...


 

This is the happiest little project I've seen this week, and very simple. A sweet little pennant bunting for your cake! I love all the beautiful vintage papers Stacey selected for this banner. How cute would it be for any holiday with themed paper... 4th of July, Halloween, etc...? For the complete post which also includes some adorable red & aqua images... visit  A Sort of Fairytale!


 Birdie Blue

These vintage doll treasures are amazing... the color is perfect and you must hop over to Birdie Blue and see the sweet images on the decals. Molly picked them up on her family vacation. Besides these sweet pieces, she also found a gorgeous bluebird plate (there's lots of us who love anything with a bluebird on it) and loads of cheery towels and dishes. I love seeing what others purchase on their treasure hunts! Check the whole post out over at Birdie Blue.




 Out Junking

This was such a unique post. I have never seen vintage birth records before. Lisa from Out Junking bought them at auction and there are really some fascinating stories behind them. They'd make a great conversation piece in a vintage silver platter or basket.... fun to look through and of course the old handwriting on them is beautiful 

Thanks so much to each of you who linked up last week. I truly enjoy visiting each and every one of you to see what you've been up to! I'm ready for another week of fun, so let's get the party started...

Two easy requests...
  • Please link just one specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url
  • Please link back to my blog with either the party button or a text link. 
Button


Linking this post to
Blue Cricket Design

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage
White Wednesday at Faded Charm 
Vintage Thingy Thursday
House of Grace 
Shabby Chic Cottage
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Mod Vintage Life Mod Mix Monday 
 




Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails