January 29, 2011

Vintage Valentine Decorations {Books of Love}

I had these pretties on hand, but you can find similar books at the thrift store, flea market, antique store or used book store at the library. They make a unique vintage style Valentine's Day decoration.


I don't worry about the titles. I bought these just because they were red. I love the ones with textured or cloth covers. I suppose if you could find some with romantic titles, that would be especially sweet.


Frayed, shabby edges and yellowed pages always catch my eye.



Add a yard of creamy white ribbon and wrap them up tightly with a bow.





They're pretty and subtle, and I had everything on hand. Even though the titles may not convey it, to me they are most definitely, books of  love--at least in for the month of February!

LINKING THIS POST UP TO FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE    & 





sig trans




Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails