July 12, 2011

Using the Good Stuff {Vintage Silver} Every Day & Share the Love Wednesday #21!

 

I am always looking at vintage silver in antique and thrift stores and bring quite a few pieces home. One day when my pottery butter dish was in the dishwasher and I needed a place to stash a new stick, I realized I had a vintage silver butter dish of my mothers that would work quite nicely.

I have several pieces of silver of my mothers, which until recently, were tucked away in a cabinet.  As I admired the shiny presence of this butter dish on my counter each day I came to the realization that I have other pieces like this that don't deserve to be stored away; they too should be out each and every day to be enjoyed.



I've repurposed this casserole dish base to hold a stack of my every day plates.  This was a thrift store piece. It was sold as is without the original dish, it was less than $2. I haven't polished it up as yet; I don't mind the tarnished look.


 This beautiful bowl is Waterford crystal, a gift from my mother-in-law. I've decided it's too pretty to keep in the china cabinet and instead it now holds tea packets on the counter.

 

This cut glass bowl was a flea market find. I've used it for salads, as an ice bowl and now to hold Clementine oranges. I'm on a mission to bring my heirlooms out of the cabinet and into everyday use! The time to enjoy these gifts is every day!

Linking this post to:





Last week's highlights...
I was able to visit each and every link from last week and leave comments on just about all of them. I love to see all the creative beauty that links up! If you've been featured, please grab this feature button and shout out the news that your blog is something special!







Button



This sweet link is from Lori at Choux Choux. She has layered this card so beautifully, adding depth with the flowers--this is a card I would love to receive!

 



An extra table is always in demand for outdoor parties... wait 'til you see how Stacy of Embracing Change transformed an old door and free chairs into the sweetest little picnic spot! 






This post from Lory Ann {from Palermo, Italy!}showcases a quilt made from recycled fabrics. It truly is a piece of art. I love the way she has combined so many different fabrics--it's a bright, cheery quilt that I'm sure will be treasured always.


 Thanks so much to each of you who linked up last week. I truly enjoy visiting each and every one of you to see what you've been up to! I'm ready for another week of fun, so let's get the party started...

Two easy requests...
link back to the party as a courtesy with one of my buttons or a text link & limit to one link per blog!   If your link has been removed, please re-read  the guidelines before re-posting, or e-mail me with any questions.  Let's party!

Button


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails