May 10, 2011

{Vintage} Treasures from My Thrifting Adventures - Part 1 & Share the Love Wednesday



Here's some pictures from the shopping portion of my trip to Iowa to see my girls last week. These are the things I did not buy... but wanted to. Wow--I am actually showing some restraint! Some I may regret, like this sweet picture of the lady in pink. At this moment, I have no where to put her and I have lots of other pictures I need to hang. So she will stay in this little display basket until she calls to someone else. There were two other prints in similar frames of a lady in black. They didn't appeal to me as much as this one. There's something about the color pink. I don't really decorate with it but I love pokes of it here and there.

Here's another pretty pink vase that caught my eye...



I also like bits of red, especially fun to use around the holidays. This was an interesting urn that would certainly make a pretty planter, but it seemed a waste not to use the lid as well and I couldn't think of anything to use it for or where it would go in my home, so.... on to the next aisle!



My new strategy is to take a picture of the pretties I don't bring home. The sight of them still brings me joy and I don't necessarily have to have the actual object. Of course these pictures may bring on a bit of remorse as well but that's okay... I always seem to find another something somewhere!



These little poodles in tutus were cute. I have a friend that collects them but I know she has her fill! I visited three of my favorite stops on Saturday while my girls studied for finals before we met to go to the mall {their favorite way to shop} and for dinner.





I just worked on a wedding display case at work and so my eye was drawn to these beautiful vintage wedding dresses. This one above in particular was so lovely... note the shape of the hem and the gorgeous 15 foot train hanging next to it. The price couldn't be beat either--$100 for the set!


This is a fun shop, they have a mix of antiques and modern thrift and prices to match. They sort all of their thrifty smalls by color on the shelves. I thought these wall hangings were interesting if you had the right place for them. I believe they were about $2 each.


Of all the buttons they had, this rhinestone set caught my eye. If they'd have been less expensive, they'd have landed in my cart. I've seen them adorn vintage bottles and jars, or I suppose they could have been made into magnets or inspiration board tacks as well. The heart pin made of buttons was a great way to use these treasures.
 


This dresser was lovely, but again, no need for it in my home. I believe the price was $125--not cheap enough for me to be unable to resist! I am looking for a tall dresser for my daughter's apartment next year, but haven't found one yet.


I really liked this sofa as well... the curves, the tufting and the creamy white color were precious. I don't really have a place for it at the moment, and it was marked at $200... very easy for me to resist!



Here's the piece pictured above I really had to walk away from. A vintage dresser marked half price at just $25. I didn't inspect it that closely as I knew I didn't currently have a spot for it, and bringing big things home when I already had my minivan full of the contents of my daughter's dorm room and a 70 lb. golden retriever (with travel crate of course). My son is looking for furniture for his new apartment in the city... I think it would have been perfect near his front door, but it was not meant to be on this trip.The chips in the finish don't bother me at all, easy to fix with wood filler and it would have been painted.


 I thought about this for our lake house... only $6 for this print.


This hurricane was kind of neat, a white and silver pearl finish with little crystals on the sides.


Gold things were catching my eye, too. Loved this pretty bar set... and this angel lamp below. I heard some women talking about it after I snapped a picture and moved through the store. I have a feeling it went home with one of them.



I thought about grabbing these reindeer, too, but I have so many holiday decorations although they would be right at home at our lake house as well!


This little child's french mirror above was sweet! Remember that I was going to keep my eye out for luggage? It was not meant to be. These cases were priced too high for me to add yet another to my collection. Price most definitely influences my purchases. If they would have been priced lower they would have been hard to resist!



So what did make it home with me? I'll have to save that for part 2 of this post! I'm looking forward to seeing what's new with my readers! Thanks to all of you who linked up last week! I can't wait to see what fabulous projects and ideas this week will bring.

Linking this post to
Annual Wedding Blog Party! 
Weekend Wrap Up Party
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Blue Cricket Design 
My Romantic Home
Wassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors
All Things Inspired
Rednesday: It's a Very Cherry World
Faded Charm 
Twice Owned Tuesday on House of Grace
Brambleberry Cottage
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays At Coastal Charm 
Thrift Share Mondays

Features from last week will be spotlighted in another post due to the length of this one. A few reminders...

  • Please link just one specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url
  • Please link back to the party so that others can find it. Grab my cute button (code is on my sidebar)  to include in your post or somewhere on your blog; text links are fine too.
  • If you have clicked around my blog and like what you see, consider being follower!
  • Try to visit a few other links if you can. Everybody loves comments and encouragement!
sig trans
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails