May 5, 2011

Road Trip! {This Car Stops for Antique Malls, Tag Sales & Thrift Stores}


I am going to be visiting my daughters in Iowa this weekend! Although my youngest will be home for the summer soon, my older daughter is staying to work and take a class or two. This, combined with the opportunity to begin to get my youngest just about moved out of the dorm and the fact that it is Mother's Day, made for the perfect reason to hit the road. Besides, who can resist when your daughter says "I really want you to visit?"



Of course it would be fun to pack in one of my vintage suitcases... for about a minute. And then I would miss the wheels on my modern luggage. For as beautiful as these cases are... they're not very practical for travel any more. I do use every case I have though.

The white one at the top holds leashes and everything else you need to walk two golden retrievers. The one above sits atop a vintage armoire and holds an overflow of vintage children's books I have yet to find a place for. The grouping below is in my bedroom, and holds what else, but clothes & accessories! The top one has hats in it--I have a thing for hats. The larger case on the bottom holds scarves in the winter and t-shirts in the summer. Both are used for overflow clothing that I don't otherwise have room for.




Besides visiting and going out to eat and taking in the sites, I'll be stopping in at my favorite thrift stores and antique shops to see what treasures I might bring home--or simply enjoy their beauty where they are. This is enjoyable too, as I realize I can't bring every great find home with me {unless of course I make room by clearing out something else}. Of course, I'll be sharing what I found with you next week (click here to see my finds)! If by chance I find another vintage suitcase at a fabulous price, it will probably come home with me. I can always find more uses for my collection {of which I have only shown you a few}.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!


Linking this post to
Common Ground
My Romantic Home
Funky Junk Interiors
French Country Cottage
Faded Charm
Vintage Thingy Thursday
Tater Tots & Jello

sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails