March 22, 2011

Sweet Vintage Baby Decor & Share the Love Link Party #6!

My favorite era for vintage illustration is the 50s. It's the simple portrayal of people, places and animals in such a happy, carefree way that I like.



I have quite a few vintage baby cards I purchased as a whole bag for a few dollars. I've always had an eye for vintage pottery and when I saw this cute lamb planter (above) with an adorable face, I thought I might use it as a pencil holder on my desk or to hold scissors on my art table.




I found the above two pieces at a St. Vincent thrift store, and decided to bring them home too. The price was right, and I thought they'd be cute gift filled with flowers for a new mom or nursery supplies at a baby shower. If I didn't use them, I could always enjoy their vintage cuteness for a while and then sell them.

This card looks to be a bit older than the 50s. The new parents are so elegant and the baby looks like Cinderella in that sweet carriage!



That's it for my vintage baby love! What do you have to share this week? Scroll down & link up the best of your blog on Share the Love Wednesday! 
At last week's party, one link brought out two of my favorite things... vintage illustrations + glitter! On Musings from Kim K, you'll find a tutorial for these gorgeous Easter baskets made from peat pots!

 
from Musings from Kim K
 If you haven't attended an estate sale yet, you might think twice when you read about the estate sale jackpot over at Something Created Every Day. These suitcases are only part of her amazing finds!
 
from Something Created Every Day
 Let's get this week's party started! A few reminders...
  • Link to a specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url). Any post will work--no theme!
  • Grab my cute button (code is on my sidebar)  to include in your post or sidebar; text links are fine too.
  • If you have clicked around my blog and like what you see, consider being follower!
  • Try to visit a few other links if you can. Everybody loves comments and encouragement!
Check out the parties I'm linking this post to here.

sig trans




Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails