December 19, 2010

Welcome to My {Very Merry Vintage Style} Christmas Open House

This Santa looks into my family room through some french doors. He sits upon a flea market table I had to move to make room for the tree and have re-purposed as a wrap supplies table.

You'll recognize this pretty silver piece from an earlier post.. isn't it amazing as a wrap holder? Looks pretty enough to have out through the season... a bouquet of papers ( the miniature ones from the $1 area at Target).


A pretty thrifted silver tray becomes a place to keep pretty ribbon for the packages.


I have this pretty punch bowl from I filled with vintage red ornaments and a pretty silver ladle (flea market purchase).



A pretty Goodwill dish will hold tags & stickers...


Books from the library used book sale serve as a stage for a miniature vintage vignette...



French doors host glittered cherry wreaths (Home Goods) strung from ribbon.


A Santa pitcher sits next to a trio of cute elves...

 This tree is next to my entry on a desk and features tiny vintage ornaments, a pretty vintage angel that I'm afraid to plug in. The mercury glass beaded garland is a favorite flea market find.

 This is a wreath I made last year after seeing something similar on ebay.


Mr. and Mrs. Claus are kissing underneath the tree!

 A few more glitter houses and reproduction trees sit among my pottery.

 Santas are everywhere... on the bookshelves, near the entry...

 This one is a lot of fun and in amazingly good shape.

 My grandmother used to make crafts similar to this door knob decoration. She had tons of sequins and felt and made amazing creations.


This wreath is one of a set of 4. I purchased them at a garage sale in northern Wisconsin for a song.

 My husband hung these little elves next to his favorite chair.

 Here's a bit of my tree. All vintage ornaments, a collection started in college when my grandfather gave me some of his ornaments. I still have his and they are my most treasured.



This guy hangs out behind my tree and peeks out my front bay window. You'll see his front side in a future post. He is my biggest vintage Santa.



I have a beautiful new furniture piece my sister gave me that holds anything and everything gold in my vintage Christmas collection.



In my office I have a few silver pieces (thrifted) that I've used for display. This little sugar bowl holds a pretty bottle brush tree...

 A thrifted teapost {missing the lid} holds a modern evergreen spray combined with a vintage mercury glass corsage.
Another beautiful Santa--love his eyes!

This one I just want to hug. He's happy and not too scary. Sometimes these vintage Santa dolls can be a little creepy (at least that's what my kids tell me).

 This one was purchased as I tried to recapture my childhood. Mom had two of these; no one knows what happened to them.

More Santas. They are everywhere in my house. These three are just piled in a basket.


Below, Mr and Mrs. C  look like they are waving on the red carpet
.

Hope you have enjoyed my holiday home tour! This is most definitely, the merriest time of the year. I have more decoration posts you might like to see here
here


Linking this post to:

All Things Heart and Home



















Cottage and Vine


Savvy Southern Style







Making
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails