March 15, 2011

Glitter Shakers, Part 2 & Share the Love Link Party #5

I filled my vintage salt and pepper shakers this afternoon.  These are some of my favorites. Of course the round one steals the show--it holds some of Martha Stewart's crystal glitter.




I decided not to shine the tops of the shakers. Although some of them are dark and dull, the glitter and the glass steal the show.


Even though I usually look for silver tops, this pair had such pretty glass texture and shape I couldn't resist. I decided to fill them with white and black glitter, traditional salt and pepper colors.



Of the colored glitters, this light green is probably my favorite. I put it in a special bottle, this one is quite shapely and the cut is really pretty.



I made little paper funnels to get the glitter in the tiny openings. It was a little messy, but in a sparkly kind of way, so that was fine with me! I usually end up with glitter on my clothes and then it gets on my hands and face... but I really don't mind. It beats the dirt after working in the garden.



Some of the shakers are so tiny, but glitter really lasts such a long time and I have lots in little plastic bottles that I was so happy to repackage.



Carrie at In the Hammock, Miss Char and Ann@A Sentimental Life all made comments about the silver tray I featured the glitter on in my Glitter Shakers Part 1 post, so I decided to keep them displayed this way. It will make my studio craft space so much more glamorous! A girl's gotta have some fun, right?

What have you been doing this week? Scroll down & ink up the best of your blog on Share the Love Wednesday! I'll be featuring some of last week's participants on Thursday of this week since this glitter shaker post was so long.

Check out the parties I'm linking this post to here.
 
 sig trans 
 
LINK TOOL GOES LIVE AT 5PM CST
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails