March 15, 2012

Silver Tray Centerpiece for Spring {At Last}

I went to the flea market last weekend with a list. Actually, this list is one I continue to refer to in antique and thrift stores as well. One of the things on the list was a large rectangular silver plate platter with handles and feet. The handles and feet part were important to me, I like the detail they offer. 

 

I have seen big trays before but either the form wasn't what I was looking for, they were missing the details I was looking for or they were priced too high. The luck of the flea market was with me as I did find a tray at a great price.

As I was deciding where to use it I brought out all my other trays and set them aside. I kind of liked that stacked and layered look! The trays used together were much more interesting for a centerpiece than the single tray alone. Not to mention that it's nice to free up the cabinet I was storing them in!

I added some blue eggs I had found at Home Goods last year and some dried moss from Michaels. I had some green moss too, but I liked the way that the gray moss lets the eggs be the star; acting as a neutral backdrop between the bright eggs and shiny silver trays.


 


Best of all, the stacked trays can work with lots of seasonal elements, candy or trinkets to change it up throughout the year.



The newest addition to my silver collection has found its spring home--front and center on the dining table all dressed up for spring.

Now I can concentrate on the other items on my "to find" list. Crystal chandeliers, champagne coolers benches and armoires are some of the items that always catch my eye. And vintage luggage. Can you ever have too many pieces of vintage luggage? 

When I initially began shopping at flea markets and antique shops I was always buying smaller things. Now I find myself confident enough in my style to look for the larger pieces. I also have the knowledge to know a good price when I see it and concentrate on quality as well. 

I'm so glad the weather is warming up--all the better for flea market season! What items are on your list? Do share!

sig trans
Linking up to:
WEDNESDAY
Faded Charm
THURSDAY PARTIES
Time Travel Thursday @ The Brambleberry Cottage
Transformation Thurday @ the Shabby Creek Cottage
A Crafty Soiree @ Yesterday on Tuesday
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
The 36th Avenue
House of Hepworths
FRIDAY PARTIES
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Tatertots & Jello
The Charm of Home
Freestyle Friday @ Happy Hour Projects


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails