February 9, 2012

My Office Reveal... on a Good Day!




This is an interesting room in my house. It was formally designated the dining room according to the builder's floor plan. It never really measured up to it's name. Although it would easily handle our family of five and a medium-sized dining table, when it came to larger events and all the leaves went in the table, there wasn't much room to walk around it!



That table came out, but the hutch stayed. It's actually perfect to hold office supplies in the drawers and cupboards and still holds some pottery and knick knacks. I like these storage boxes to keep my vintage cards and office supplies in.


Did you spot the pretty pink chairs? These were an estate sale find.  They are really small scale and in mint condition. The palest shade of pink, they were irresistable!


The dining table did leave but in it's place is a farm table that i use as a desk. It was the darkest of browns--you may remember it from an earlier post.



My bulletin board got a makeover too, it used to be bronze and I lightened it up to match the table. Oops--the calendar I made with bits of scrapbook paper needs to be changed! The mini printable calendar pad can be found here.



I wanted something fun to hang above the work space, so I made a banner out of scrapbook paper circles folded in half and strung them on some twine. It's hung from some vintage hardware that I spray painted white and hung on the wall. I'm on the lookout for something similar to use on my closet wall for necklaces, scarves and belts.


I found a pretty lamp from Home Goods to add some desk lighting. 
 My vintage typewriter sits atop the desk. I really should clean that thing up a bit... never noticed how grungy it was before!


A flea market cubby holds office supplies & knick knacks..



This shelf unit has been in the room forever... just recently painted off white.


The lady in pink print is from an antique store in Iowa. I passed it up the first trip and couldn't believe my good luck when it was there on a return visit!


A few thrifted white vases sit on one shelf and my collection of white pottery is on top of the hutch.


Bakery twine and glitter are ready for tying up packages or putting the finishing touch on cards.


A Waterford bowl holds some paper scraps and my little jars hold tiny office supplies like push pins, rubber bands, push pins and binder clips.



The vintage scale is from the same store as the pink lady print.



More storage boxes hold CDs. Have you figured out what's missing yet? My office chair! I have one I picked up and have taken apart to paint and recover but that seems to be taking longer than expected. It would help if I would just start on it! Isn't that always the hardest part?
 

The room really needs a designated desk chair to finish it off. Hopefully I'll finish it soon, but in the meantime I wanted to share the room with you while it was tidy!
sig trans
Linking this post to:
The DIY Show Off
PhotobucketSome Good Times


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails