August 6, 2011

Pretty in Pink {Roses}


I brought you flowers... well at least the pictures! The warehouse club near me had a special event going where you could get in without a membership over the weekend. I have to tell you, I think I'm going to join simply for the flowers!



They had a nice selection of roses, carnations and a few other varieties. The roses were beautiful. I bought myself a dozen, and picked up a dozen for my sister as well. She certainly deserves them... and I just couldn't resist their beauty.


I plucked out the baby's breath and other filler greens that accompanied them and popped a flower frog in the bottom of a ceramic crock that fits inside this silver bucket I found at the thrift store a few weeks ago.


I wasn't sure that I liked the bucket once I got it home; it pales in comparison to the other one I found. Filled with these beautiful pink roses... it's beauty shows.


It doesn't have to be curvy and intricate... the simple lines and beauty of the metal are enough.I think it's the contrast between the tarnished, plain worn surface and simple lines and the bright, delicate petals of the roses... and such a fabulous color to boot, that make the combination so stunning. And most definitely... worth sharing!



How Sweet the Sound

Transformation Thursday Button

 


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails