December 8, 2010

Something Old, Something New {Vintage/Modern} Christmas Village

This little vignette is a mix of vintage and modern Christmas decorations. The tree was purchased several years ago and the houses as well. I would classify them all as "early Target." {Giggle}


Now of course there is some vintage here...


Let's start at the top with this pretty, but a bit worn mercury glass tree topper.


The glass beads as well. Can't forget the pretty turquoise blue ornaments. I was lucky enough to find two packages {Shiny Brite boxes included} of these at the flea market this summer.


I picked these up when I had just started collecting vintage Christmas houses. I couldn't find too many, and then I saw the glitter {lots of glitter} and they were in my shopping cart.


They're much bigger than my vintage houses.


The trees in this set up are all reproduction, too. I have plenty of the older ones... you'll see those in a future post.


I liked the bare trees... they are covered in glitter. I think these might be Department 56. Again, if it has glitter, I'm sold!


Now Santa, he's vintage. Check out the happy dance stance. And he's glittered up in high style. He's actually an ornament. I think I have the best of old and new here although if I had to pick favorites here, they would all be the vintage items.

How about you? Are you a purist, or do you mix old and new?

My Very Merry Holiday Home Linky party is still open if you haven't linked up yet. You can find it here or click on the holiday house button on my right sidebar! Got {even a little} vintage? Find it by clicking on the little house below!




I am linking this up to these parties, too!







Making
mmm button
Leelou Blogs Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails