September 2, 2010

Painting Brass... Make Anything Shabby White!

I really love the peacefulness of a white and ivory color scheme. Kinda shabby, goes with anything and definitely on trend! I have a plastic container I keep in my basement with a label on it that says "paint me."

It holds things that I've decided need a makeover with paint all through the year and when the weather is right (not too hot and low humidity) I hit Home Depot for some of my favorite spray paint.


Here's the first project I decided to paint. I saw it in the thrift shop and loved the shape. It kind of looks like a little tree, don't you think? Anything tiered catches my eye. First I washed it with soap and water and let it dry thoroughly.

Then I sprayed a light coat of primer. I've never spray painted brass before so I wasn't sure how the paint would adhere.


Topped it off with two coats of ivory paint and... voila!



I'm thinking this piece will be perfect for holding jewelry on my dresser or it will work nicely for a seasonal decoration to fill with glass balls, fall leaves, etc...



I'm on a roll with this spray paint... next up is spray painting some Longaberger baskets shabby white!

Check out these link parties for more great projects...

Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails