January 26, 2013

Orange Smoothie Recipe {2 Servings of Fruit}

I've been into smoothies lately, pinning away recipes on a smoothie Pinterest board. Since I have a beautiful bowl of oranges that are not the sweetest to eat on their own, I decided to whip up an orange smoothie with them.


Orange Banana Smoothie 

{1 serving}

1 orange, sliced
1 banana
1/2 c. Trop 50 orange juice
1/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
1/2 crushed ice cubes or 2 whole cubes
1 packet of sweetener

Blend until smooth & enjoy!

You could probably leave out the sweetener but I wanted a tasty treat. I put the ingredients into my Lose It! calorie counter app on my iPhone (also available for online use) and here's the nutritional breakdown:

165 calories

Fat0.4g2%
Saturated Fat0.1g
Cholesterol0mg
Sodium32.4mg
Carbohydrates35.8g81.9%
Fiber3.1g
Sugars21.7g
Protein7g16.1%


Seven grams of protein will definitely provide some energy! Lots of sugar, but at least it's from the fruit and not added.

Enjoy!

sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails