November 3, 2011

Hello Peacock {Goodbye Jack-O-Lantern}




For some reason, I always seem to take down the Halloween decor really quickly. I have reverted back to basic fall touches in a few key spots in my home. This beautiful armoire is one of my favorite spots to decorate. For the next few weeks, it will sport "late fall slash peacock" style. I have been enamored with Peacock inspiration this fall; I have a Pinterest board devoted to it.



I think it's a nice addition to my fall decorations. The colors are so rich--a nice contrast to the warm oranges and yellows of fall.


A peacock feather added to my vase of pussy willows is so easy {with a new copper glittered fern giving nod to the coming holidays}. A clip-on bird in the same color family was another fun add on.


A clock from Home Goods that I've had for ages to add that essential bit of black that I love.
 


I've added a sprig of leaves for the touch of fall. The pretty ruffled knit throw was put there out of necessity when not being used. The goldens are way too interested in it and it's much safer up here.
 

They do look like little angels here but they do have their moments. One of their favorite indoor games is tug of war with an old baby blanket that Marley arrived with. Besides, I like how the throw looks up there!


sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails