May 16, 2011

Lilacs in Bloom {In Vintage Silver}

 At long last the lilacs have bloomed in my back yard! It's still pretty chilly outside here and I thought I would be able to enjoy them more in the house.


Their fragrance is heavenly. They looked so pretty rough cut on this silver tray... too bad they need water...



I love the handles on this piece--the carving is so very intricate. I picked it up at the thrift store some time ago. I keep in on my office table to catch mail each day.  After this I think I'll be taking it out to the garden all season to hold my flower sprays.


The flowers found their home in this silver champagne cooler which I have used over and over and over again in the short time I have had it. You can read the story behind this favorite thrift store find here.


One thrifted silver champagne cooler used as a vase, a bunch of lilacs cut from the back yard... love it. I've created a new blog label just for the cooler! You can find other posts featuring it here.

Linking up to:
Common Ground
Shabby Chic Cottage
Cottage Flora Thursdays
Brambleberry Cottage
All Things Inspired
A Beach Cottage 
Vintage Thingy Thursday at Colorado Lady
Savvy Southern Style
Blue Cricket Design
Sunburnt Cow

sig trans
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails