October 21, 2010

Pink Centerpieces {got glitter?}

A little pink + a little Christmas + a little vintage fluff = Pretty Pink Centerpiece!

Each year I help put together a fundraiser focusing on breast cancer. This is what I came up with for this year's centerpieces.


I like to mix textures, sizes and finishes in my designs, and this was the perfect compilation of all those things. Some of the ornaments were even coated in glitter {love glitter}.


 We were lucky enough to have purchased the tiered ivory Longaberger pottery stands a few years ago. I added a few of my favorite things... some pink Christmas ornaments, ivory pearl and metallic pink Christmas picks...


and some confetti type fluff made from vintage books.  All of the ornaments and pics were from Hobby Lobby.  They are on sale this time of year, 40 to 50 percent off if you make it to the store in time!


The vintage book fluff is easy to make. Take some old books--look for those with yellowish aged pages and rip the pages out. Feed them into a cross-cut paper shredder and... you've got yourself some vintage paper shred! It's best to clean out the shredder before you do this so you don't get your bank statements or other previously shredded stuff mixed in.


I actually made up one of the centerpieces, then multiplied all the items in it x 23 tables... divided that number by the number of items in each product package and got the number of packages I would need.


Then I made up a little "recipe card" of what went into each centerpiece, specifying how many of each item went onto the top and bottom tiers.


I had volunteers helping me assemble these and it was a great way to move through the process quickly. We couldn't get into the banquet hall until the morning of the luncheon, so we had to move fast at creating these on site.


They turned out really nice; I received quite a few compliments on them. I wish I would have somehow mentioned one of my dream-businesses... styling events in the program, but I thought of this too late. There's always next year!


Linking up to Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound                   
Frou Frou Decor            Tablescape Thursday                     Blue Cricket Design          Tea Rose Home
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails