March 29, 2013

Decorating With Pink {Small Doses}



After many years of staying away from the color pink in my home decor, I have begun to embrace it's femininity and softness in small touches in my home.

This pink chair is one of a set. They were estate sale finds. They are in excellent condition, and are a nice spot to sit when I have a visitor. Especially in the winter, as they are right near the fireplace. I added the leopard print pillows from Home Goods for a bit of fun.



A small pink globe is another accent of this flirty color. Right next to a stacks of my favorite decorating books and a portrait of my son from his early years. Although my the "pinks" in my home are pale and rather subdued, perhaps I'll venture into the brighter shades as time goes by.

source
The pop of color, as in pink, really adds to the beauty of these mostly neutral rooms. Just one piece of furniture or a single pillow (below) can add something special to a room. I might have to find a pillow just like this for my bedroom. It's such an easy and inexpensive way to add the color.

source
I'm not quite brave enough to paint a room pink... just yet.

sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails