February 6, 2013

Using Vintage Finds in the Craft Room {Beautiful Inspiration}

My craft room is a beautiful mess. Seriously. It seems I have time to create, but not always clean up. So I won't show you the whole room today... just the pretty bits and pieces.


This beautiful silver dish holds my paper scraps as I'm done with them and before they can be stored by color. It was an Etsy find I spotted over at Common Ground, Pinned, and then set out to have it for my very own. I had set it on the desk while I decided which room to use it in and it came in quite handy while making cards one day, so here it shall stay for now.


A modern plate stand holds recent paper purchases to inspire a new card design. Antique glass jars hold bits of ribbon, tags and pieces of Lucite.I have lots of these jars around the room in many different sizes.


A modern glass vase holds complete cards. I picked it up at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store while dropping off some tools to donate. I've actually found some beautiful antique furniture there occasionally as well.


A bookcase that I purchased at a flea market when it was brown has been painted many times over the years. Blue, then green, then white, the perfect neutral backdrop for a multicolored assortment of craft supplies.


I thought it would be a shame to put my vintage deer away after Christmas, they remain on the shelf for a touch of whimsy.


Glitter is stored in vintage salt and pepper shakers (so much prettier than those plastic bottles it comes in) and a painted Longaberger basket holds my larger stamps.


Another painted basket holds embellishments and the glass bowl holds acrylic stamp blocks. The bird is just for fun. I could have used cardboard boxes and other typical storage containers, but using found treasures makes for a much more inspiring work space. The decorating is just as much fun as the crafting!


Enjoy the rest of the week... I hope to get back into the craft room this weekend (and clean up too).
sig trans
linking to:
Fabulously Creative Friday
My Romantic Home
Common Ground: Vintage Inspiration Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails