September 26, 2010

Vintage (Happy Jack) Plastic Pumpkins... That's How they Roll

It was a gift, of sorts; starting the workday a little later. A beautiful Fall morning and the opportunity to do one of my favorite things... do some holiday decorating.

I like to wait until October 1 to bring out anything Halloween-related but I need to get everything out of bins and cleaned up. I have quite a lot of decorations for this holiday, but my favorite among them has to be these vintage jack-o-lantern trick or treat pails. Do you have favorites, too?

.
Their faces are festive, without being too scary. And those smiles....


Well, who can resist them? Now of course I have my trusty assistant {golden retriever, age 2}Breeze with me who takes advantage of any excuse to hit the backyard... and at first, she's a little shy around these guys... and I am thinking, "oh, how cute, I'll get her picture with one of them to submit to our Golden Retriever rescue group's calendar contest." Want to see this year's calendar? you can look at it here

 

But as it turns out, just like with children, puppies don't always behave as you'd like. 

So in a matter of minutes, things changed. First, there was the round up... {really, really} fast circles around the "jack family" to keep them within her reach...


Then things got a little ugly, and far too rough for some of my favorite decorations {although Breeze was having BIG fun}...


This picture is quite mild, and just after it, I began the chase to save the littlest Jack... 

Thank goodness I keep dog biscuits in my pockets at all times. Because without them,  I couldn't have accomplished this photo below.


They are so cute, aren't they? All lined up in a row. I bought them on ebay several years ago and each year they are one of my favorite vintage Halloween decorations. The back side of each Jack has a raised illustration {kitty and pumpkins on this one} and the word, Trick at the top, and Treat at the bottom.


Today they enjoyed a day in the yard for the photo shoot and cleaning, and a little adventure with my golden, Breeze. I've lined them up on the back deck stairs for now...

In a day or two, they'll take their proper place on the front porch after I do a bit of sweeping...

But these guys look pretty happy with the day's events too. Because with  grins like this, let's face it... every day is a holiday. They're happy for sure... that's how they roll.

I am linking up with the following blog parties... be sure and check them out for more great ideas and blog hoppin' fun!


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails