May 24, 2011

My Garden In Bloom & Share the Love Link Party #15!

Everything has been so late to bloom in my garden this year due to the cold spring, but at last, I am seeing blooms. Here's a few snaps of what's blooming in my backyard.
 

I don't always save the little tags that come with the plants on my perennials, so please correct me if I have gotten a name wrong. The pretty blue ground cover is bugleweed. I love the blue flowers. They don't last all summer but they are gorgeous in the spring. This plant also spreads... which I love. It's like getting free plants!


Here's a closeup of one of my lilac bushes. If you haven't seen it already, check out my post on an arrangement I made with lilacs and vintage silver here.


This pretty blue plant I cannot remember the name of... but I do love it. It just blooms in the spring as well, and I have it planted among my roses. The foliage is pretty too. The flowers are so delicate!



The plant above is everywhere in my back yard. It's a hardy geranium and is covered with these pretty magenta flowers in the spring and it will rebloom if I cut it back. The foliage is similar to ivy and it spreads as well. it makes a really nice ground cover between my roses and taller perennials. I have a few different varieties of hardy geraniums.


 My golden retrievers are loving that I am spending more time in the yard with them. We go for walks everyday but it's also fun to watch them run among the flowers. Marley is a cute garden ornament, isn't he?


I've also planted a few annuals, mostly baskets of annual geraniums in pots here and there to provide some constant color throughout the season. I'll be sharing more pictures as the growing season continues; it's good to be in in the garden again!

So what have you been up to this past week? Thanks to all of you who linked up to last week's party. We had a record number of participants and clicks from the links and I've met lots of new blog friends!


Here's some of my favorites from last week's party... Every girl, no matter how young or old, loves a playhouse. Molly over at Birdie Blue has created the most amazing play space for her daughter. From the beautiful windows and shutters to all the special details like a window box and sweet ornate door, this house is just about the cutest one I have ever seen. Click here to see the rest of this adorable house--I know you'll love all the details inside and out!



Next up is this beautiful jewelry corkboard frame created by Janina a la Maison. I know that when my jewelry is on display and easy to see, I would be most likely to wear it often. Janina has made several different boards that you can check out here... She also made these glittered pumps for her daughter and has all the details on that craft in the same post. Each board has it's own different style, but I love that she has created a work of art with her frame and the jewelry. Why not keep all your pretties on display so they are easy to match with an outfit when they look so fabulous in these frames!






And last but not least, I love this one day, one chair redo over at The Homeless Finch. I pick up furniture here and there and it seems to languish in the basement for months before I get to it. And when I finally do, it certainly takes more than a day to complete. That doesn't have to be the case, and I admire Lesley for her accomplishment. Not only did she paint and colorwash it, she reupholstered the seat and did some stenciling on it as well. She did some experimenting with leftover acrylic paints on top of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint and had some really great results. Check out the whole project here.






I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to! Thanks to all of you who linked up last week. I can't wait to see what fabulous projects and ideas this week will bring! 

Two easy requests to participate...

  • Please link just one specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url
  • Please link back to the party so that others can find it. Grab my cute button (code is on my sidebar)  to include in your post or somewhere on your blog; text links are fine too.

Link up and start visiting... let the party begin!

Linking this post to
My Back Yard Eden 
All Things Heart and Home 
Savvy Southern Style
The Shabby Chic Cottage
A Beach Cottage
Blue Cricket Design
Elements Interiors
Oregon Cottage Tuesday Garden Party 
Someday Crafts


 


sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails