November 28, 2010

Vintage... the Store & a Holiday Link Party!


My sister and I traveled to Morris, IL last weekend on our way {kind of} to pick up our daughters from school in Iowa. We decided to make this stop because I had seen the 3 French Hens Holiday Market online, and it looked like something we might enjoy... and we did!



We arrived in town early , hit a thrift store or two and spent the day walking the streets of this lovely town. In this post I'll highlight a favorite stop, a store named Vintage.



From the first glimpse in the beautiful {and huge} windows of this store, I was smitten. My first peek was of the beautiful white bike pictured above. Usually I see a vintage bike and I love the look. This one was so unique. I'm not quite sure the bike is that old, but the silhouette works to fit the image and by whitewashing it, tires, seat and all... it is exquisite. With a cute basket and a string or two of lights, it definitely steals the show in this window.


This cute vintage suitcase is dressed up with a postcard or two outlined in glitter, a pretty evergreen spray, handmade flower with a rhinestone center, burlap bow and topped off with a glittery dusting of snow.


Under a Christmass tree, packages were wrapped in Kraft paper with creamy white ribbon, adorned with a vintage photo and cone fashioned out of paper filled with beautiful handwriting and a touch of glitter. Can you see that the photo is touched with a bit of glitter on the edges... such pretty details!

Here's one more pretty package, again in plain Kraft paper with some sheet music and an ivory bow clipped on with a stained clothespin smudged with glitter.

The inside of the store is beautiful too. It's one of those where it takes time to explore because of the depth of the product in the displays. There's beauty everywhere, new products mixed with antiques and just about every vignette has a touch of glitter {love glitter}.

I have a few more photos of this store to share with you another day. If you're in Morris, IL, be sure to check out Vintage. I wasn't able to find a web page, but they are on Facebook. You can spend hours in there and surely come out with a treasure or two. The photos are from my phone... so wishing I had brought my Nikon, hopefully they capture the spirit!
* * * * * * * * * *
No matter what stage of your holiday preparations, I hope you will join my linky party December 1. It's called "A Very Merry Holiday Home!" I've created a party button (love to do that) that you can display on your blog to advertise the linky party to your visitors and also include it in your post when you are ready to participate. The link-up process will go live on Wednesday, December 1 at 8pm CST. 

Holiday Home Party @ Very Merry Vintage Style


Participation rules will be pretty simple.
  1. Just include the party button under your post or on your blog  so everyone can join in the fun and see all the other ideas.
  2. Posts should focus on Christmas. Something vintage, homemade, shabby or thrifted would be great!
  3. All images and ideas should be your own.
  4. Please link to the specific post, not to your blog.
  5. Post your vintage, shabby or thrifty inspired holiday decor, craft projects, grandmother's recipes or even some great traditions you may have... all the things that make your home the heart of the holidays. 
  6. Please consider becoming a follower or subscribing to my RSS feed. It's a great way for me to discover new bloggy friends as well as for those who visit my blog.
  7. Click around... visit the other links... meet some new friends & comment... it's a party!
So... check back after 8pm CST on Wednesday, December 1... that's when the link will be live--hope you can make it!

I'm going to use one of the link tools so it should be pretty easy for you to upload your link. I hope you're as excited about the holidays as I am. I love seeing everyone's ideas and being able to use them in my home.

It would be great if you could include the party button in a post or on your blog, I could sure use some help promoting this!  I hope you'll join me! Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails