October 26, 2010

A Little {Vintage} Black Metal Collection

Do you ever go to the flea market and come home with several of the same type of thing? Things you had never collected before, but now, you seem to be on a roll with finding them? That's what happened to me with these little black stands.


The first three I found all in one day. I was in the midst of setting out my vintage plastic jack-o-lanterns and needed to add some height to vary the display. Two different booths netted these three cuties, rust and all.


The same week, a trip to the thrift store resulted in this find...  64 cents.



They made quite the vision with their little orange friends. Kind of  like a little black dress for these pumpkins!





I love the scalloped edge on this one...



This one has the scallop too... and I think it could be used either end up.


The larger one was a perfect base for a glass jar filled with my vintage book shred recipe and a ring of bittersweet. I'm betting these stands will work for Christmas decorating as well. Can't you just picture a jolly plastic snowman atop one {vintage, of course}?


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails