August 28, 2010

Decorating for Fall: Step 1... Unpack!

Of all the things I could have done today, I decided to get my fall decorations out of storage. I was inspired by this blog I stumbled upon...to have some fall fun. First I had to unpack them...


Don't you just love vintage suitcases? They make everything so beautiful. I must admit I have way too many a few more containers of fall decorations  packed in boring plastic cartons.



I've found a few of these vintage suitcases and each time I bring out seasonal decorations I dump the contest of the plastic bins in one of them or a Longaberger basket. It's so much nicer to have these types of containers sitting around for a few days. They're even cute enough to leave out for a few weeks.


I'm going to start with apples and leaves... a little too early for me to bring out pumpkins. I've also got some wire-based berry garland in fall colors. Love that stuff; so easy to decorate with.


 Just bend it up a little here and there and tuck in some silk leaves and apples, and .... my (early) fall centerpiece is done!





Check back soon to see my other fall decorations. Next stop is the mantel! Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails