October 11, 2012

Easy Bedroom Updates {Vintage Style}

I am still in the process of a bedroom redecorating project, but here's a little peak at my progress.


This little makeover began with a rail from an old church. We had just put a king-size bed in the room and the old queen-size headboard wasn't going to work. When I saw the beautiful carvings on this piece I knew it would work well as a headboard. It was been painted... twice. First black... the color it remained for about a year, and then a very light beige-gray (because that's the two old wall colors I mixed to come up with enough paint for it!) as I decided I wanted to lighten up the room. I added a brown glaze to shab it up a bit and really show off the details. The photo below is of one of the sides.


Next came the vintage wall chandelier. Usually I am on the lookout for hanging chandeliers, but this one caught my eye as being quite unique and perfect to hang above my bed.


The final touch came from Home Goods. The neutral gray color and satin finish along with the tufting on this comforter and pillow set was perfect for the glamorous look I was going for!


The throw pillow was actually from another room. I wanted something to top it off and thought it would do. Can't beat shopping your house for accessories!

The next project will be painting the room. It's due for another update and it is definitely going to be a little lighter and kept neutral. Or... maybe I could put a dark color on the bed wall to accent it....???? Decisions, decisions!

sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails