June 2, 2012

Organizing & Storing Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies

Here's how I am storing my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies. I wanted something that would keep all the pieces together, make them easily accessible, labeled and of course, look pretty!


I did a quick web search and found several methods of storing these dies. I really liked the one that used magnetic sheets at A Day in the Life of a Craft Fairy so that I didn't have to worry about double-sided tape or put them in a case. I like to store things in pretty boxes as I am crafting in my dining room quite a bit these days and don't want it to look like it has been taken over by craft supplies (although that is truly the case!).


I used one of the CD storage boxes I had on hand and cut the magnetic sheets into 5 inch by 5 inch squares. This size worked great for holding the die sets that I own. I did have to trim a bit off the width (about 1/8 of an inch) to fit them in this particular storage box.


I used a file tab punch to add the particulars of each die to my magnetic squares. Mine is from McGill, and it is the 3-inch label punch.

Using the file tab punch worked to keep all the die information with the die (I included the name, how many pieces in the set and then the set number). The number of pieces was important because I had misplaced one of the die pieces for a while and want to make sure I put them all away at the end of the day so I don't lose them. Even though I buy them with a coupon they are still kind of pricey.


This next pictures is not so pretty... I had pretty much mangled up the packages but did want to save a picture of the dies on the back of each magnet card. I just glued it on the back of the magnet square without much fuss, I'm sure you could make it much prettier if you like but I was trying to wrap up this project pretty fast at this point. Since the packaging was a lightweight cardboard, it helps to give the magnet sheet some stability and thickness as well.



I took the whole project outside to photograph it and it is a gorgeous day outside. It's too nice to stay inside so I'll save the crafting for a rainy day or quiet evening and go work in the garden. If you are interested in other ideas for organizing your craft supplies or craft room, check out my Craft Room Ideas board on Pinterest. There's lots of fun (and pretty) ideas here as well.

Share it on Facebook

sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails