March 1, 2012

Vintage Typewriters {of Every Color}



Just like a brick and mortar shop, I like to browse Etsy... looking for my favorite things. I'll type in the vintage find of my dreams and sometimes, it actually can be found there. This pretty pink Smith-Coronoma is one of those fabulous finds. Not exactly in my budget, but my, oh my, it's gorgeous! Guess the price... then click over to etsy and see if you were right! The seller is JoeVintage.



On the other end of the price spectrum is sweet little green model. This one is only $45... not bad for an online find although it has some operational issues. But hey, it's from the 60s... This one is from the shop of Megan and Joe Anderson.


How about a little mustard yellow version? The King Kong is not included. This one is affordable as well, just $45 with some minor issues. You can buy this one from Andre.


This bright blue Royal typewriter is the perfect spring desk accessory. You may need to save your pennies for this one as well. It's priced similarly to the pink model above. Sold by Brooklyn Retro, 

This red Olivetti model has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I've seen one or two before. The bright red color is certainly cheery, but with the fun model name of "Valentine" across the front it's extra sweet! Save your pennies for this one... check it out from BMT Vintage.

I do have a vintage typewriter already. It's not quite as sweet as those above. Maybe I should paint it. It was only $2, which is why I didn't think twice about bringing it home. Until I lifted it up (barely)... it weighs a ton. It works pretty well and seems to entertain any child that comes into my home for hours. Most of them have never seen a typewriter before.



Which color is your favorite? Hopefully they'll all still be on Etsy if you have your heart set on one of them.

LINKING THIS POST TO
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded  at Stuff and Nonsense
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life

sig trans



Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails