November 25, 2011

Holiday Gatherings {Pull Up Another Chair}

The dining room never gets more of a workout than at the holidays. Several of the chairs to my dining set (passed down from my mom) are broken or nearly so (again).  I'm continually on the lookout for extra seating and even a fabulous find of a new (to me) but affordable dining set.

Then I spy this. This table seats 12 quite comfortably, and could even host an additional diner at each end. What caught my eye was the mish mash of chairs; at least 7 different types. Despite the haphazardness of the collection, they look just fine together.

via Design Sponge

Perhaps the pretty chandeliers distract from the chairs, or the magnificent table takes center stage. Or maybe, it's the notion that many friends will gather to celebrate the season. The more chairs, no matter their design, the better.
sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails