September 25, 2011

Fall is Here {On the Mantel}


I like to do a little something different with my fall decor each year. I kept some of the same floral elements as last year, but added a few new items. I began with a thrifted silver vase filled with fallen branches from the yard.


This collection of branches started out with a Halloween idea in mind. I was going to spray paint them. The more I looked at the plain branches contrasting with the bright silver vase I decided to keep them natural.


The vase was the first thing I put on the mantel. I confess I like the simple beauty of this piece all by itself. Not for this fall, but perhaps in January... when the house has been dressed to the hilt for several months and I am ready for a clean and simple slate.

 

I tucked some fall picks on the side of each of the items on the mantel and included this cute tag sale painting of a fall street scene.



Rather than stick with typical oranges, reds and yellows, I like the bright yellow-green of the apples. The color is the same as in the painting. Warm and bright at the same time.


I would love to live on this street. It is right out of a storybook setting.


A bouquet of mums with leaves and pumpkin sprays warm it up a bit. It was nice to get the mantel done. It's really the first thing you see when you walk into the room. Fall has come to the dining room!



Linking this post to:





The Lettered Cottage for Fall Mantles





sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails