September 8, 2011

The Beauty of Fading Roses

The weather is so much cooler and I am back in the garden, however it's for the purpose of cleaning up faded perennials... getting the garden ready for fall and winter. These are probably the last blooms on my rose bushes.




I must say they are going out in style this year... this round of blooms is so pretty.


I shot these pictures with an f 1.4 50mm lens... pretty fast and it really blurs out the foliage. This is a good thing because there is a bit of blackspot on some of the leaves, particularly on the yellow rose plant.


I wish I had more roses in the yard but I don't have enough sunny spots to sustain them. Many of the trees in the yard have grown so large and I have found myself having to switch to shade plants after all these years.


I wish I could tell you the names of these roses, but my golden retrievers have a bad habit of pulling up all my plastic plant markers! 

sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails