August 11, 2011

HomeGoods Wall Art turned Jewelry Tree {Sparkles}

I have rearranged all my costume jewelry to a spot where I see it each day--not far from the mirror where I put on my makeup. I've been wearing pieces I haven't worn in years, simply because it's out in full view.



I've been seeing metal wall art in the shape of trees and branches everywhere, and I got the idea to re-purpose one to display my jewelry. I  took my time to find just the right one and I must admit it was the rhinestone leaves that made me choose this tree. It is from HomeGoods of course!




I'll show you some other bits in this little dressing area. The tiered tray was also a HomeGoods purchase from a few years ago.It has an eyelet look edge that is perfect for holding earrings. The little trays hold pins and miscellaneous jewelry.









This little necklace display piece is from a store called Whimsy in Morris, IL. I picked it up on my trip to the French Hens Market last year. 



These two necklaces are costume jewelry from a thrift shop. I get just as much joy out of looking at them as I do from wearing them!  The candlestick below was a Goodwill find. It seems perfect for this space.




The piece of furniture I picked up several years ago from the Grayslake Antique Market. The booth is called Rhubarb Reign. They always have beautiful things at very fair prices. It's hard to leave their booth without a purchase! I love all the cubbies and drawers for storage. The cubbies hold the fun stuff: more jewelry, recently worn scarves and belts, small purses, towels, makeup, etc... and the drawers hold the not so fun stuff: cleaning supplies, lonely socks, items to mend, etc...



It was lots of fun dressing up this area. I've had the little drawer unit for a year or two and I'm so glad I've finally topped it off with this wall art turned jewelry tree!



I can't resist all that pretty bling in the morning! Quite perfect for a girl who loves anything that sparkles, don't you think?





sig trans 
Join my link party... open through Saturday!

Button


Linking to:

homework

Somewhat Simple


Photobucket

 
36th Avenue















Hope Studios


Photobucket







<b>Add my button to your sidebar!</b>


Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails