March 29, 2011

My Vintage Typewrite Find & Share the Love Link Party # 7


 A vintage typewriter has been on my wish list for some time now. When I saw this one at an estate sale for $2, well, wish granted! It's not the dream vintage Underwood I had hoped for, or the sweet red and pink typewriters I've envied, but it's a typewriter, it's vintage, and for the price, it worked.

Now I need to try and find a new ribbon for it. It's quite cute on my kitchen desk. Thank  goodness it's a sturdy desk--this typewriter is a heavy load! I think it's at least 20 lbs... no kidding.  Kind of cute how it came with a roll of labels in it all ready to go. When I made labels on the computer it is a little time consuming... find the labels, put them in the printer, turn the computer on, make a document, etc... This certainly makes it easy just keeping the roll loaded in there.

Last Week's Link Spotlight...

Here are two links from last week's party I wanted to share with you. This beautiful table makeover by Rosegirls3 reminded me of the beauty found in old furniture just waiting to be given new life. With a coat of paint and glaze, all the pretty lines and details of this table just shine!


Another link I really enjoyed was the spring mantel redo below at Cottage Living from Beach to Burbs. Lots of white and clear glass with spring touches make for a beautiful mantel. She has such a pretty fireplace to begin with, but I love the simple glass jars filled with seasonal goodies. Very easy to implement. Check out the added touch of lights in the vase arrangement as well! When you stop by Mariaelana's blog, be sure and enter her fabulous giveaway of a Ballard Designs tote!




Let's get this week's party started! A few reminders...
  • Link to one specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url). Any post will work--no theme!
  • Please link back to the party. Grab my cute button (code is on my sidebar)  to include in your post or somewhere on your blog; text links are fine too.
  • If you have clicked around my blog and like what you see, consider being follower!
  • Try to visit a few other links if you can. Everybody loves comments and encouragement!
Check out the parties I'm linking this post to here.


sig trans 

Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails