February 27, 2011

Vintage Container Gardening

My garden is still quite frozen and my outdoor containers are frosted with snow, so it was a nice break to search for a bit of spring greenery.

Once again my online search got a little derailed when I happened upon this amazing tutorial for turning a vintage typewriter into  a unique piece of garden art!  Isn't it beautiful?


Besserina
Next came the super-sized version of vintage containers... It's actually a pretty cute truck in a darling shade of green-blue. Pink flowers are the perfect accent!

Dreamstime



I love this repurposed vintage refrigerator drawer--already labeled and shabby white too!

Re-nest
This last one would make a lovely gift or look quite sweet on my vanity or entry table. I think the flowers are silk but I still love the look, and the idea of using a vintage purse as a planter of sorts.

Elder-one-stop


Hope you enjoyed these fun images of springtime beauty. Have you ever planted in a unique container?  I'm looking forward to having this post in mind as I hit the next flea market!


sig trans Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails