January 20, 2011

My Color of the Year {Creamy White}

I've had the draft of this post on my computer for a while, so when I got am email from Ballard Designs with this photo, I knew it was time to hit the publish button. They have so many beautiful pieces of furniture and accessories in this catalog, I have many of the pages earmarked.
 


If you saw my post yesterday, you know a certain shade of pink is it for 2011 according to the color gurus at Pantone. But my color of the year is most definitely White...  and Creamy White.

Which is going to be interesting because I have a lot of wood in this house... dark wood.


I'm going to need many gallons of paint. I won't be changing the floors or trim, so it's up to my walls, furniture and accessories to help me make this white-out happen. Others have done it...

 
Source
Alison at Stuff and Nonsense had a white out weekend herself... she went to town on her furniture the night before company was coming with amazing results.

Apartment Therapy did an article on white-on-white rooms and has some nice images as well. Love this little kitchen.


This pretty white bedroom exemplifies serenity. No matter that there is a ton of stuff piled on those shelves. If all the stuff is white, it kind of disappears, like white camouflage.

Source
One of my favorite things about white is the way it stands back and lets the other colors take the stage.  The green stems of these white tulips pop off the page. Such a pretty accent. And that pink velvet chair from yesterday's post? That beauty would sing in a white room!

In my case, the color of the year is going to be Creamy White. I need a bit of warmth to my white, mainly because most of the furniture that I have painted is already creamy white it would be a heck of a lot easier to keep that theme going..
 
Source
The work week ends tomorrow and I'm hoping to get started. It's going to take some time, but I think it will be worth it!  In the meantime, a girl can dream {in white}, can't she? 
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails