November 29, 2010

Getting Ready {The Vintage Christmas Mess}

You know how it is when you begin the process of decorating for the holiday... boxes everywhere; you're not sure what to put where. All the pieces I've collected throughout the year at flea markets & tag sales are mixed in with my older decorations. Um, did I really already have 3 of this exact same pine cone elf? {Please tell me I am not alone in this type of Christmas decorating chaos!}

Trees are toppled... just missing the mercury glass garland...



Vintage foil and glitter cardboard houses are blown over {amazingly the wreaths in the windows remain perfectly centered}...



Angels are trapped under pine sprays... this one holds fast to her candles despite the chaos...



It is a Christmas mess--all over my dining room table. I had a bit of an excuse. You see, I had company; the four-legged kind. The nine month old, 70 lb. and very uncoordinated, yet highly energetic kind. Her name is Trixie. She is from As Good As Gold, a golden retriever rescue group in northern Illinois.


Well, yes, she is very cute. And now she's back with her foster family as they have returned from their Thanksgiving travels. And I still have my golden, Breeze, who has been very patient while I unpack boxes. We did get the tree up {shortly after Trixie left}.


 The tree was quite an accomplishment after a hectic weekend. Time to relax and enjoy the pretty lights and holiday sparkle. Here's one of my favorite vintage Christmas ornaments...


Bit by bit it's all getting done, even if it's a bit messy now. I'll be sharing bits and pieces again soon, and certainly I'll be very organized for my very first  link party which goes live Wednesday, Dec. 1 at 8pm CST. Check out yesterday's post for more details, or stop back Wednesday to link up! If you can, take my party button and help me spread the news! Thanks bunches!




Linking this post up to...
BLUE CRICKET DESIGN

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/





Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails