November 11, 2010

{Free} Thanksgiving Printable Pennant Banner

 
Three Banners to Choose from... Gather, Blessed or Family

Here is the free Thanksgiving printable pennant banner I promised, or banner if you prefer. There's really 3 different words available to make into a pennant. "Gather," "Blessed" or "Family." These pennants are a little larger, but certainly not as many letters as the free Happy Halloween Pennant banner I made. And yes, a Christmas pennant banner is coming so keep watch!


I printed it out on a light beige card stock (the heavier the better) and trimmed the three sides of each letter. You will see there is digital rick rack (also known as ric rac) I put on this banner (how cool is that?) which I made with a Photoshop tutorial from here.


You could trim closely around the rick rack... I chose to make a straight line across the top for ease in finishing. I think it looks fine that way. Might as well make it easy and get on to the next project, right?

I ran the cut pieces through my little Xyron 510 machine to put adhesive on them. Sometimes glue tends make the paper curl and I wanted to avoid that. (Michael's has a coupon going now for 50% off and I used it to by a new roll of Xyron adhesive). You could skip this step if you're going to use glue or adhesive squares. Next I added glitter to the edges of it with some glitter glue while it was still adhered to the Xyron paper. Again, if you are using glue or adhesive squares you might want to wait until after you glue on the accent edging paper. You could also use regular glue and glitter if you like.


After it dried, I adhered it to heavy black cardstock, trimmed it once again leaving about a 1/8" bit of black showing. I punched the top corners with a small rectangular punch (another great 50% off Michael's buy) and wove in some 1 inch transparent light gray (almost greige... I like that color name!) ribbon. I was going to use black but I like the gossamer nature of this ribbon and this way it enhances the design without taking it over. I strung the letters on and left about 18 inches of extra ribbon on each side.


Here it is on my deck next to my favorite spot to have coffee in the morning or a glass of wine with my husband in the evening. It's been almost 70 degrees the last few days, so unusual for this time of year in Illinois. I'll be moving the pennant banner inside shortly, but thought it much more fun to do the photo shoot outside.


I added the black thrifty vintage chandelier from a local flea market. The color of the candles (a Home Goods purchase) matches the banner!


To download the free printable pennant, click here. The document contains enough letters to spell the words Gather, Blessed or Family. I went a little "untraditional" here for a Thanksgiving banner, but I thought these could be used throughout the year for different occasions, but certainly convey the meaning of the Thanksgiving holiday. Besides, the words, "Happy Thanksgiving" is a lot of letters to cut out! Depending on the word you want for your banner, you may not need to print all the pages, or you may need to print some of them twice. I only included each letter once.



Have fun with this free Thanksgiving printable pennant! A special thanks to the Graphics Fairy... the linen texture on this banner was made with one of her free image downloads.


The Halloween printable banner that I made has been extremely popular. I'm so glad so many of you enjoyed it. I hope you like this one too. Let me know how it worked for you... we (me and my dog, Breeze {below}) are waiting to hear from you!


I am linking up to the fabulous blogs listed on my side bar and  MMM@CRAFT
Its a Hodge Podge LifeIt's a Hodge Podge Life    Fingerprints on the Fridge  Finding Fabulous 
733 Creative Blog   Passionately Artistic    Coastal Charm    Making the World Cuter           
                                
Thanks Graphics Fairy for the Linen Texture Image! Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails