November 21, 2010

For a Good Time, Rearrange Your Hutch

The title says it all.


Up (way up) before the sun one workday morning, waiting for a bit of sunlight to walk the dog in, I decided to rearrange the interior of my hutch. The newspaper wasn't here yet, coffee was being brewed and to me, this was a fun task. Really. I know some of you get it.



Inside I store my extra pottery pieces and various other bits and bobs... there is a jar of vintage jewelry findings. I have no clue what I am going to do with those... I saw them at the flea market, they were shiny and very cheap. Need I say more?



I decided to add a few holiday trimmings. Not much, just a few silver balls and picks here and there. I am trying to restrain myself from decking the halls before Thanksgiving, but these were a few items I have picked up recently, and hadn't made their way into my Christmas storage closet.


I had some vintage family photos nearby and decided to pop them into some little flower frogs and add them to the mix.


This is my mother... check out those beautiful satin shoes!


This is my grandmother. Love her hat.



This is another picture of her. I never knew she played basketball. My memories of her are of an older woman who liked to bake and make crafts. I never would have thought her a ball player. I didn't even know women played basketball back them. Come to think of it, she was pretty tall. She must have been amazing. That silver trophy is pretty amazing! Reminds me of something I picked up at the thrift store recently!

 
I hope you'll consider sharing the ideas you use in your holiday home in my very first linky party, beginning Wednesday, December 1. You can see the cute button I designed above and on my sidebar. Please take it from the sidebar (html code is there) if you'd like some blog bling and can help me spread the word. The link up option will become active Dec.1 and at that time I will move it to the center spread posting area.

Linking up to the blogs on my side bar and... 
The DIY Show Off

Making the World Cuter!

Photobucket





DIY Club
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails